Backflow Testing & Certification
We Can Determine if Your Backflow Device is Up To Code
Proper backflow prevention is a serious but not often thought about topic. If your backflow device is not up to code and community water becomes polluted as a result, you could be held liable for the consequences. We offer reliable backflow testing and certification in Melbourne and throughout the surrounding areas so you can rest assured that your backflow device is functioning as it should.
Our team of licensed, trained, and experienced plumbers can help you avoid a backflow problem—and the associated liability. We offer upfront pricing, along with a number of discounts and specials, to make your residential or commercial plumbing service easier.
What is Backflow?
The term “backflow” is used to describe an instance in which water is forced backwards through pipes due to some sort of disruptive event. Backflow often results in water contamination as chemicals and external substances are carried back up through pipes where they enter the water supply.
Backflow can be caused by a number of factors. Some examples include:
- A sudden drop in pressure on the water supply line occurs, allowing fluids to siphon into the water line
- High pressure pumps connected to the water supply line overpowering the incoming water pressure
- A break in the water line leads to a drop in pressure and causes water and other contents of the supply line to travel backwards
No matter the reason behind it, backflow poses a serious health and safety risk as unwanted chemicals, pesticides, and other dangerous matter can be carried into the water supply. It’s important to not only have a backflow prevention device in place, but to also make sure that device is working properly to avoid contamination.
Reasons to Schedule Backflow Testing in Austin
Backflow testing is important in order to avoid water contamination and associated liabilities for individuals and businesses.
Some reasons you may want to consider scheduling backflow testing services include:
- Local laws require backflow testing upon installation and annually thereafter
- Backflow testing can catch potential problems before they cause serious damage
- A properly working backflow prevention device can stop water contamination
- Persons responsible for backflow water contamination face serious consequences
- Preventing water contamination can protect people from getting sick
- Ensuring the health and safety of the community is simply the right thing to do
We proudly conduct backflow testing and certification in Austin and the nearby areas.